Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Sector: Construction, Engineering and EPC
Our client is a Leading contracting company with an excellent reputation across the region. We are looking for an experienced Utility Manager to be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
This is highly responsible, administrative, supervisory and technical work related to planning and directing daily activities of Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance staff. This position is responsible for the maintenance of water production, wastewater treatment facilities, reclaimed water systems, water distribution systems, booster stations, wastewater collection, and lift station systems.
Reporting to: Utilities Operations Director
- Plans, coordinates, directs and oversees the entire Maintenance umbrella (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls, as well as, SCADA Maintenance).
- Manages supervisory staff engaged in the operation, repair and upgrade of all plant and systems assets and equipment.
- Monitors the computerized planning, reporting and history capture of all work performed.
- Inspects, and oversees preventive and corrective maintenance, repairs and upgrade projects.
- Identifies and analyses problems for corrective recommendations.
- Warrants that all assigned staff follows prescribed operations, maintenance and construction procedures and methods while maintaining compliance to all regulatory requirements.
- Provides immediate corrective actions to any non-compliance issues. Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings with Utilities Operations and Maintenance Director.
- Administrative duties include responsibility for proper preparation and submittal of letters, memos, reports, work orders, material and services purchasing, etc. Familiar and assist with budget process.
- Acts on administrative and personnel matters and functions of assigned staff as per accepted policy. Promotes professional working relationships within all Utility work units and Departments.
- Provides technical information to intra/inter Departments, requesting engineers, developers, construction contractors and others. Confers with utility customers, officials and the public, investigating and resolving maintenance and performance issues.
- Ability to make independent judgment in daily maintenance and emergency decisions.
- Ability to read, interpret, understand and follow blueprints and construction plans.
- Ability to perform inspections, identify potential or existing problems and make corrective recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Ability to plan, assign, supervise and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with employees, officials and the public.
- Ability to see color, ambulate independently, bend, stoop, sit, stand, drive from work site to work site to provide facility and project inspections.
- Computer skills to be able to utilize software programs (i.e.: Word, Excel, HTE, Windows, and AutoCAD programs).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- At least 10 – 15 years’ experience
- Should have experience in Operations & Maintenance within Mechanical, Electrical. Civil, Landscaping or Water
- Knowledge of SCADA systems
- Open to Westerner nationals based in GCC now – male
- Salary to be used as a guide only and will reflect experience levels and interview performance
- Salary is between 25k – 30k SAR per month base
- Plus excellent benefits package