Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job Sector: Construction, Engineering and EPC
Our client is a leading Construction Company with an excellent reputation across the region. We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer – Mechanical/ Electrical to be based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The Quality Engineer will manage quality improvement activities with preferred suppliers. Measure and coordinate with suppliers to reduce nonconformities. Represent Quality in the supplier rationalization and selection process. Ensure product defect levels meet or exceed client goals. Create and track trends using supplier quality metrics. Drive change, remove barriers, and show a bias for action. Establish continuous quality improvement as way of life within partnering suppliers. Interacts with most levels of management within the Company and the supply base.
Reporting to: Quality Manager
- Participates with multi-functional commodity team members in supply base strategy, rationalization and management.
- Lead quality system audits with the Company supply base as required.
- Facilitate quality improvement with suppliers. Create, analyze, and make decisions with metrics to achieve supplier quality improvement.
- Supplier Quality System compliance: Must ensure that the selected suppliers is fully audited and may require on-site assessments completed in accordance with all client specification requirements.
- Initiate supplier quality approvals, first-article-inspections of new products and supplier corrective actions requests (SCAR) as necessary.
- Ensure supplier capabilities meet regulatory/contractual requirements.
- Ability to participate on a cross-functional IPT team with Project Management, Construction, QA/QC as well as Supply-chain.
- Ability to work independently with strong decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
- Willing to travel to suppliers’ facilities or other job-site locations as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field/ equivalent
- 4 – 6 years experience
- Minimum 2 – 3 years experience in a similar position
- Must have experience in Construction Companies
- Familiar with materials, equipment, services, and construction contracts.
- Experienced in managing the acquisition of construction industry materials, equipment, and services.
- Open to Indian, Filipino and Pakistani nationals in KSA now – male
- Salary to be used as a guide only and will reflect experience levels and interview performance
- Salary is between 6k – 8k SAR per month total package