Job Sector: Catering, Food Services, F+B, Restaurants, Hotels, Resorts, Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
Our client is a leading Hotel Company with an excellent reputation across the region. We are looking for an experienced Chef De Cuisine to be based in Bahrain.
The Chef De Cuisine manages all aspects of the daily culinary operation of the specialty Outlet Kitchen; managing food production to ensure the authenticity of all recipes and flavours of the specific cuisine are respected and followed strictly.
The highest quality and consistency of food preparation, presentation, and hygiene is achieved in all offerings served to guests at all times within specified budgets and operational guidelines.
Reporting to: Executive Chef / General Manager
- Assists in the creation and costing of new menus/ recipes to enhance the quality and variety of dishes available to guests, and ensures that food is produced following specialty kitchen recipes without deviation, meeting the required standards with regard to portion size, cooking methods, seasonings and presentation.
- Takes appropriate action to ensure all required food orders and mise en place are prepared in advance based on anticipated requirements, to ensure food orders can be produced in a timely fashion, meeting guest and operational requirements, handling complaints or difficult situations immediately, effectively and proactively, logging complaints and advising Exec-Chef Office.
- Conducting training on new dish preparation and existing menu items and arranging “food tasting” for all concerned service staff prior to the official launch of each dish to ensure all have the maximum information to deliver quality service.
- Conducts inspections at start of duty and throughout the work period to ensure that instructions and directions related to HACCP and Food Safety procedures are followed, and work areas are cleaned and maintained to the highest standard of hygiene at all times.
- Takes accurate inventories of food and equipment on a monthly and ad hoc basis and supervises the regular ordering of products and quality of deliveries/supplies within budget ensuring adequate supplies for anticipated demand, submitting requisitions for approval and signature.
- Controls budgetary and financial aspects of kitchen operations, reviewing daily/ weekly/ monthly trends and customer patterns, monitoring the running food costs and the financial performance of the assigned Outlet/s, taking action to eliminate wastage and prevent pilferage.
- Ensures that the hotel standards for personal hygiene, dress, protective clothing, uniform and appearance is maintained by all team members in the kitchen by carrying out personal (or delegated) checks and inspections on each prior to the start of shift.
- Assists the Exec Chef in preparing Kitchen SOPs, communicating, training and monitoring full implementation at all times, collecting food samples when required.
- Handles complaints or difficult situations immediately, effectively and proactively, logging complaints and advising Exec Chef.
- Excellent English language is a must – written, verbal and spoken
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to understand and respond to guests
- Feedback collection and analysis, responses and strategies thereon
- Team Leader, Problem Solver, excellent communication skills and handles work load pressure
- Excellent Mathematical, logical and reasoning skills (kg, g, litres, cups etc.)
- Guest services auditing Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or any related degree
- HACCP / Food Safety Certification
- At least 8 years experience
- Minimum 4 years in management
- 2 years in a Chef De Cuisine position in International Cuisine
- Excellent international cuisine experience
- Strong understanding of restaurant/bar/lounge operational procedures
- Experience in PNL Analysis, cost-controlling, forecasting budgets and stock needs prediction
- Experience in development of recipe and its accurate documentation and depiction
- Open to European nationals based anywhere – male and female
- Salary to be used as a guide only and will reflect experience levels and interview performance
- Salary is up to 1.2k BHD per month base salary
- Plus allowances